Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by former blogger, Ashley
1. What TV commercial do you think is the most annoying?
First off that Niki “I will run to you” commercial is annoying to no end and LONG !! Wayyyy tttoooo looonnnggg!!! The 2nd is that stupid Cell Phone commercial where the mother and daughter are in the store and crying about how the daughter is going to college and she’ll never see her and she’ll get lost so she needs a GPS phone and yada yada yada! Omg! STUPID! Grrrr!! I hate commercials!!
2. What is the weirdest gift you have ever received?
Ummmm … I don’t know!! A box of rocks! Well actually I think they were colored stones or something … I don’t know!
3. What is a song you thought you knew the words and then later found out you were wrong?
One Republic – Apologize. I ALWAYS thought it said “it’s too late to call the judge.” Ya know – I always thought it was a song about a guy wanting to call the judge and not go through with a divorce but he’s saying it’s too late too, but apparently it’s too late to “apologize” not “to call the judge.” Ahh!
4. What are you most looking forward to this month?
Oh many things – Terry’s Bday Party, Mothers Day, Our Housewarming Party, Memorial Day weekend and June 1stish is our Vacation to the Springs Resort for free. Ehhh! : )
5. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Explain.
Well it was the mixer until it broke …. !! So now I’ll have to go with the Bread Machine. I <3 bread!! Yum!
6. If you could have a gift card to anywhere right now, where would you choose? Why?
Either $5000 to Lowe’s. Ooo! I could do so much with that! Or $5000 to that Marine Shop here in town where I could go buy tons of stuff for the boat! Hehe!
7. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Sausage and TONS of cheese!!!
8. Name something you’re thankful for aside from obvious answers (i.e. family, job, faith, etc.).
Air conditioning, Iphone, computer, microwave (easy cooking), stove, my car, tv, and dishwasher
9. What was your least favorite rule growing up?
Rules? Haha! What are you talking about? Rules? Hahah! Funny!
10. If you could train your pet to do one thing, what would it be? Example, “Weego” from the Bud Light commercial.
Hey I just want the pigs to be able to roll around the floor in the Guinea Pig ball thing at PetSmart but noooooooo!! They don’t like it! Whatever!
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by Tina from Best of Times
1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
Umm … I don’t recall ever going into an Ikea. We had some in Tucson but I really don’t recall going into one.
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
My bedroom! I’d love a book shelf headboard and some nice night stands and dressers.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
I had a matching dresser set (which is currently still in my bedroom at my parents house) and a twin bed (which we sold).
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
We always put it down by the trash and someone always comes and gets it before the trash man does. lol!
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
so random and varied it’s undefinable
Umm … I’ve never done a furniture Pinterest thing. I guess if I ever decide to it’d be a mix of randomness and modern.
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
The toy box! duh!! Lol!
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
My parents sofa! It’s like a recliner sofa. It’s so comfy!
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
Umm … wow! As you can tell I’m not really into this whole home decorating thing. Lol! I really don’t have an answer for this.
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, Ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?
Although I have never been into an Ikea, I have heard good things about them and their commercials look good. So I’ll go with Ikea.
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
I have ALWAYS wanted a canopy bed!!! If I could take my sleep number and make it into a canopy bed somehow I would!! Hehe!
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by her.
1. Should we keep doing Ten on Tuesday?
I like Ten on Tuesday!! If Chelsea doesn’t want to do them anymore – I understand! It’s totally up to her. I like doing them though.
2. How do you pick out your sunglasses?
I don’t. That’s what my Mother In Law is for. She works at Bombora Beach Wear here in Havasu and has access to tons of sunglasses. That’s how I got my current pair. She gave them too me. See she gets new ones and then she’s supposed to give me her hand me downs. Hehe!
3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Yes. We went out to eat at Mud Sharks and everyone wore green! Beyond wearing green though and going out to eat – I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do to celebrate the day! I don’t drink green beer nor eat that corn beef stuff. Yuck!
4. Name 5 movies that you will never get sick of.
Titanic, The Lion King, Annie, Wizard of Oz, and High School Musical
5. Name 1 book that you will never get sick of.
Angles and Demons. Best book ever!
6. Do you know any sign language?
I know the alphabet but that’s it. I have picked up on a few signs while watching Switched at Birth though!
7. What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?
8. Are you handy? (Can you fix or build anything?)
Um … isn’t this why I have a husband?
9. In what form do you prefer your potatoes? (Baked, mashed, au gratin, hashbrowns, twice baked, etc.)
It use to be mashed. I couldn’t eat potatoes unless they were mashed with tons of butter and gravy. And then I tried au gratin and they were better then mashed and NOW I am addicted to twice baked! Yummm! Still don’t like plain old baked ones though. Too blah! Oh but I do like hash browns and I am addicted to french fries with TONS of ketchup! Yum!
10. Do you believe the saying “actions speak louder than words”?
Yes I do. People can say they are going to change and/or do something but until actions are put to those words they really don’t mean anything do they?
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by some real life friends of hers, Wes and Melanie. They are baseball themed.
1. What is the most exciting thing to see on a baseball field?
A home run!! It’s always exciting when your team hits a home run especially if all the bases are loaded!
2. What snacks do you usually get at a game?
I haven’t been to too many baseball games (I know I need to get out more) but to the ones I have been too – we always get hot dogs and a soda!
3. Do you yell at the umps? Other players?
Of course if they deserve to be yelled at!! Isn’t that what the game is about? Getting involved and having fun!
4. If you could be commissioner for a day, what would you change about MLB?
Oh I don’t know!! I honestly don’t know enough about the sport to have that kind of responsibility!
5. Which of the following have you seen in person at a baseball game:
a. a rainout? Nope
b. a no-hitter? Yes I believe I saw a couple of those at the Diamond Back vs Dodgers game in 07.
c. a grand slam? No
d. your face on the JumboTron? I don’t think so
e. a squeeze play? What is squeeze play? : )
f. a fight? No
6. What do you say to people who claim that baseball is boring?
Golf is boring
7. What do you think of the recent trend of singing “God Bless America” during the 7th inning stretch?
It’s tradition!! Gotta stick to tradition!
8. Old school “knickers” or full length pants?
Knickers – have u been in the Arizona heat?
9. What do you do about the obnoxious drunk guys/girls sitting around you?
Hate them, tweet about them, yell at them, take their picture and blog about them! Muah Muah Muah!
10. For a game you’re watching in person, what’s your limit on extra innings? How many before you just bail?
Depends on if I’m all that into the game to begin with and what teams are playing. I’d probably stay till the end. It’s a true experience if you don’t stay till the end.
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by Molly of Considering Campbell
1. What are your designated chores in your home?
Well I wouldn’t say I have per say designated chores but Cory does make it clear he hates doing dishes and therefor it’s my responsibility! Lol! I pretty much do the dishes, cook and do the grocery list every month. Oh I almost forgot it’s also my job to clean the pig cage. He does the fish tank – I think I got the short end of the stick here! Lol
2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
Cleaning the pig cage!! I love my pigs but not their cage.
3. What was your designated chore growing up?
Ummm … I didn’t have one. I just had to keep my room cleaned.
4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores?
I believe I use to get a $10 allowance just cause … no chores or strings attached! I was spoiled what can I say? Lol!
5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
Oh as much as I would LOVE to hire a maid, I’d use it for something else like a Mac Mini which I WANT WANT WANT!
6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
Clean the pig cage!! : )
7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
Laundry – once a week
Sheets – once a month
Dust – once every 2 weeks
8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
Eh not really! Usually the weekends are dedicated to doing laundry but beyond that – we do it whenever we get around to it.
9. What is your favorite chore–if such a thing exists?
Cooking! I may complain cause I have to come home and cook every night but I do love love it! (Secretly)
10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
I listen to my Ipod!
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by her!
1. What did you do this weekend?
Eh, not much! It was a rather lazy weekend! The highlight of the weekend was Ed the bird who came to visit us Saturday. Beyond that – I just got caught up on my DVR and did some walking around the block.
2. Do you prefer short fingernails or long fingernails?
I don’t like really long fingernails but somewhere in between would be nice. I have a bad habit of biting my finger nails. It’s a nervous habit. If I could just stop it, my nails could grow longer and they’d look better. : ) If only right … !
3. What is your favorite use for Pinterest?
Recipes! : ) And those silly quote things
4. Do you sleep with your mouth open?
5. Where did you have the best pizza you’ve ever eaten?
Back in Illinois at Happy Joe’s in East Moline! Yumm!
6. What do you eat for breakfast on weekdays?
Toaster Strudels, Pancakes, bagels and/or muffins! But this past weekend Cory made banana chocolate chip bread. I must admit – it was my breakfast, lunch and dinner! : )
7. Do you watch awards shows? Why or why not?
I use to when I was a kid. My mom would watch EVERY single one and she would make you get into it. I was majorly into the MTV Awards back in the day, but now a days – ah! I don’t really watch them. I’ll watch the music ones every now and then if Taylor Swift or Adam Lambert are on.
8. Can you whistle? Snap? Curl your tongue? Bend down and touch your palms to the ground?
Whistle: Sometimes! Lol! I can’t whistle if I blow air out but if I blow it in – I can whistle! I know weird huh? : )
Curl my tongue: Yes. I can do better! I can bend it in half and stick it out with it still bent! My friend Mandy taught me that ages ago!
Bend down and touch my palms to the ground: Noooo! I am NOT that flexible!
9. What email service do you use?
Godaddy! I pay for my own thank u very much! It’s Sarah@Sarahahall.com
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by a friend of hers (who just happens to be a math teacher)!
0.01×10^2. What was your best/worst day in math class?
I think my best day was in Mr. Olson’s class in 11th grade when I finally realized I understood trig!! I actually enjoyed it. Made me go onto Pre-Calc my Senior Year!
20×10^-1. Who was your favorite/least favorite math teacher? Why?
My favorite was Mr. Olson my junior year of high school. My least favorite? I’d have to say my College Algebra teacher at the UofA in 05. He was just kind of boring. Don’t even remember his name. Luckily I knew most of it from high school so I didn’t pay much attention to him.
3×10^0. Is it okay to be bad at math if English is more your thing?
Hell yeah! I wasn’t bad at math but I loved English over it! I was better in English too! English is far better then math and I think I use English more then I ever used math in real life.
0.4×10^1. How does this video make you feel?
I think math should be taught in schools! It is used. Maybe not pre-calc or even algebra 3-4 but math is important! So yes it should be taught. Depending on your job you will use math. But to just say let’s not teach math cause it’s really not important – well then you need to do the same thing for science. I don’t use science in my job. Only thing I do use is English. So are we going to rid of science too cause we don’t use it very often in real life. No! It should be taught despite the fact that not everyone uses it.
500×10^-2. What do you like/not like about math?
Well simple math like 2+2, multiplications, money problems, etc are used in everyday life. What I didn’t like about math was 2y+2x = ? What’s the point? But hey someone may use it one day in their career – you never know.
0.006×10^3. What makes someone a nerd?
Knowing what 2y+2x equals. Lol!
7×10^0. Who is the nerdiest person you know?
Robert’s friend: Eric. Weirdo! Lol!
80×10^-1. What is the nerdiest thing you’ve ever done?
I got an A in pre-calc. : )
0.9×10^1. Do you think GraphJam is funny?
10×10^1. Have you ever used math outside of school?
Yes – I use to be a cashier so we had to know basic math like adding, subtracting, multiplication, word problems, etc. But I have never used pre-calc or algebra outside of school.
Ten on Tuesdays are hosted by Chelsea over at Roots & Rings! These questions were provided by her!
1. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
I <3 it! I love a Holiday dedicated to love, hearts, chocolate and pink! I do think it’s kind of a Hallmark Holiday and if you love someone you should show them ALL throughout the year not just on February 14th, but all in all – it’s a fun day! Maybe people just take it too series!
2. Are you in love?
Of course!! To the one and only, Cory M Hall!
3. What is your favorite love song?
This I Promise You by Nsync. : ) I know it’s not “classical” like Whitney Houston’s “I will always love you” (RIP – Whitney she died on Saturday) but I grew up in the 90′s so Nsync to me one day will be considered “Classical.”
4. Did your parents do anything for you on Valentine’s Day when you were a child?
Oh yes! I always got a Valentine’s Day gift and candy. One year I remember I got My Girl on DVD. I remember this cause Mem took a picture of it. Hehe! I always got up on Vday and opened a present. I think I have gotten a present every year except this year cause I’m married now – it’s no longer my parents responsibility to shower me with love on Vday.
5. What is your love language? (Click here if you want to take the quiz)
Well I took the quiz & here is what I got:
Quality Time: In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there–with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby–makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
6. How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Gifts? Dinner?
Cory & I usually go out for dinner. I believe last year we went out to an Italian Restaurant. This year – although we celebrated early – we went to Chili’s. Vday always falls around tax time. So we each go get something we want and that’s that. Not romantic I know but it works. : ) Last year Cory did get me flowers though. I do remember that cause he had them delivered to my office at work.
7. What is your favorite flower?
Anything Pink!! : ) Cory always gets me an orchid. I like them. They are not a flower though I don’t think. They are more of a plant.
8. What is your favorite love story? (Book and/or movie.)
Titanic! I know I know – weird choice but come on – she was willing to give up her whole life, everything she knew for a guy she just met. Had the ship not crashed she would have had a wonderful life with him, but it crashed into an ice berg. However she still went on and did everything they had planned on doing together. It’s romantic! The whole story of Jack and Rose is awesome – makes me cry every time!
9. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Or you have done for someone?
The most romantic thing I think Cory ever did for me was propose. Granted we were both drunk, but he took me out to the island, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was romantic because it was right by the water, the mountains, the desert … it was awesome! Not to mention I am wearing his Grandmother’s ring which is 3x as more special then any store bought one. : ) The most romantic thing I ever did for anyone? … ummm … hmmm! Oh I forced my besty to get on a train, go to LA, and get his damn lover back! Haha! And it worked! Score! : ) I’m a soppy romantic like that.
10. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Well I have known about Cory since 2006 back when me and Jar stalked him cause he was dating Mr. Novak(s). Yes, my life is never boring – I know. But we honestly met because of Robi. Sadly it took Robi passing away for Cory and I to meet as his funeral and then a couple months later he came to coffee night, then to Ryan’s bday, and then he wrote the famous Facebook Status Update which made us all curious. Sorry we all thought he was gay and here he is liking ‘me?’ Hehe! Ahhh … we have a cute/funny story to tell our grandkids one day!
Ten on Tuesdays are back!! After a month-long break, Chelsea over at Roots & Rings has brought them back! Yeah! These questions were provided by Kara’s Chatter! (She’s Canadian… in case you were wondering about the “favourite”s.)
1. What’s your variety of apple?
Um, I’m not really sure I understand this question, but I’ll give it a shot. My variety of apple is … apple! I do <3 anything apple! Green apple is my fav though!
2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
I don’t like cucumbers, but my Guinea pigs LOVE long-English ones!
3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
Yuck! Yuck!! Yuck!! But I <3 ketchup! I’m obsessed with ketchup! I know it’s weird! I hate tomatoes and love ketchup!
4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
Tomatoes!! Yuck!! I don’t know why! They just taste disgusting! I can stand them in SMALL SMALL amounts, but yuck! You can give me ketchup any day though with pretty much anything!
5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
Sauteed in special sauces and spices! Yum! Grilled and boiled is good too. Not so big on roasting though.
6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
Yuck! There is nothing “sweet” about sweet potato pie in my opinion!
7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
Curly fries! Especially the ones from Arby’s! Yum!
8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
Apple! I <3 apple pie! Yum Yum Yum! Oh wait … is pumpkin a fruit? I <3 pumpkin too!
9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
Sort of but not really. ::shrugs:: I use to call the veggies I didn’t want “crust.” No one eats “crust.” Worked for me – I’m spoiled I know! If that doesn’t work, give it to the dog when they aren’t looking! haha!
10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
V8 is good as long as it’s a juice blend or V8 smoothie! Original v8 juice is gross!
I have decided to start doing the Ten On Tuesday posts again hosted by Chealsea over at Roots & Rings.
Here are today’s Questions and Answers:
1. What did you get for Christmas? IPHONE 4S! Ehhh! Along with gift cards to Walmart and JCPenny, new tennis shoes, jewelry, makeup, $$, a new purse, and other misc. items. The complete list along with what I bought with the gift cards can be found under my Christmas 2011 Post!
2. Have you taken down your Christmas decorations? Yeap that’s what we spent the weekend doing
3. What did you do for New Years Eve? Stayed home and watched The Help. I drank my two Margaritas and watched the big ball drop on Fox.
4. Do you like accents? British accents are rather sexy
5. What kind of television do you have? Our main TV is a Sony 42inch LCD flat screen
6. Did you make any changes at the beginning of 2012? I am making it a point to update this blog daily
7. What’s the last book you read and do you recommend it? The last book I read was Christopher Rice’s The Moonlite Earth and YES totally recommend it!
8. Do you stay current on celebrity gossip? Eh to an extent! My mom is ALL about celebrity gossip so if it’s major news that’s usually where I will hear it from first. Who needs Entertainment Tonight when you got Mem.
9. Do you know the words to Bohemian Rhapsody? Gangstas Paradise? Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? No, No and No! Lol!
10. What is your favorite education television show? Ummm … do dramas like Pretty Little Liars and the Lying Game count? I <3 those shows and “technically” they can be educational. Lol!
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by Elizabeth at E is Random.
1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
Well now that I’m married – I get two Thanksgivings in one day! It’s rather a busy day. Cory and I will go to his families (I think it’s being hosted at Aunt Glena’s house again) around 2pm. Then we’ll head to my families around 4pm. So we’ll eat a little bit here and a little bit there.
2. What are you most thankful for this year?
My health, my husband, my family and my job.
3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?
I always like to get up and watch the parade! My dad and brother watch football but it doesn’t seem to interest me. So it’s usually parade, eat, and than start planning Christmas shopping. : ) This year though my Xmas list is already made and due to the fact stores are opening ON Thanksgiving day/night, I’ll get half my list done Thursday.
4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
I call it stuffing and YES it’s a separate dish! It’s my favorite!
5. Do you cook?
Yes. This year I’m cooking a pumpkin roll, pumpkin cheesecake and fruit salad.
6. What is your favorite dish?
The stuffing and any dessert that is made with pumpkin! : )
7. What is your dessert preference?
Again anything pumpkin – pumpkin pie, cheesecake, bars, etc etc.
8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I think just hanging out with family. When I was little and we still lived in Illinois everyone use to come to our house for dinner. We would have like 20 people there. I always liked the big gatherings. Now a days it’s just Todd, Gma, my parents and us. Cory’s family is huge though and there will probably be like 20-30 people there. So by marring him I got my big Thanksgiving’s back!
9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
I usually do and probably will try to sneak in some shopping before and after work. But due to the fact I need 2 weeks PTO saved up for Christmas (our office ALWAYS closes for 2 weeks at Christmas) and I’ve used up PTO going to California with my parents for Mem’s surgery, I opted to work and to use my floating holiday during Christmas to make sure I had enough PTO for my two weeks off.
10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
Nothing that I can think of really. Not really sure who all is going to Thanksgiving on Cory’s side, but I’m sure it’ll be fun. I’m looking forward to it.
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by Lauren From Texas!
1. What are your pantry staples?
Pasta, pasta sauce, green beans, cereal, flour, sugar, brown sugar, canned fruits/veggies/tomato products, baking powder/soda, vanilla, chocolate chips, baking coco, tea, peanut butter, bread, cream of mushroom and chicken soup, olive oil, cooking spray, boxed rice and pasta sides, and tuna.
2. What are your refrigerator staples?
Milk, eggs, ketchup (TONS AND TONS OF KETCHUP), mustard, mayo, lemon juice, lunch meat, sliced cheese, jelly, butter, chocolate syrup, syrup, Diet Mt. Dew (a must for me), salad dressing, juice, carrots, and shredded cheddar cheese.
3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
I’d procrastinate less, be more energetic, and become a better listener (it’s not that I don’t hear what people say I just don’t absorb it – if that makes sense)
4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
The economy and the fact that I’m lazy! Lol! I NEVER USE TO BE DAMN IT! My dream job? To become a famous writer and make riches off of AOTM. : ) I’d love to spend ALL day and night blogging, writing my book, and working on other projects. Maybe one day I will be a “professional blogger” and writer.
5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
Kids cereal – like cinnamon toast crunch, fruity pebbles, etc.
7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
Four pillows, one sheet, one blanket, a comfort, an underskirt, a pillow top mattress cover, my husband and at times the big puppy dog. Oh and sometimes my Iphone if I fall asleep reading facebook updates or Cory’s hearing aid if he falls asleep with it in.
8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
My website hosting plan! It’s only $4 a month but I have to pay for it or else I have no website, which means no blog, which means you can’t read me! : ) So even if they spiked it up to $14 – I’d make room in the budget for it.
9. What is the weirdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana! Messy but good!
10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
If I HAD to chose, I would chose to be banned from Pintrerest. I get that EVERYBODY loves Pinterest but I still don’t really get it, and I could NEVER give up my facebook. I am on it too much. And besides if I gain a million Twitter Followers – they are bound to read my blog as I post links to it ALL the time on Twitter.
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by her.
1. What’s your favorite television show for each day of the week?
Sunday – It use to be Desperate Housewives (actually it was Brothers & Sisters but that show got canceled) or CSI: Miami but I am really liking the new show called Once Upon A Time. I don’t know Sunday is a tough one! Too many shows on! I <3 Dexter too! So it’s a toss up!
Monday – Not much I watch on Monday at the moment but when it returns on November 28th I will be glued into The Closer every Monday night!
Tuesday – At the moment – nothing! Just Closer re-runs on TNT! In January it’ll be American Idol
Thursday: Gray’s Anatomy
Friday: CSI: NY
Saturday: At the moment – nothing. We usually watch a movie on Saturday night or get caught up on our DVR shows from the past week.
2. How many times do you wear your jeans before you watch them?
Once – sometimes twice! But twice is the limit. After that I just start to feel dirty.
3. What is your favorite pasta shape?
Penne Pasta! It’s my favorite to eat too.
4. Do you read newspapers?
Yes everyday at work I read The Today’s News Herald. All the others though are read online.
5. Do you sleep in socks?
In the winter yes! I even have ‘slipper socks’ I sleep in that match my winter PJ’s. I know, I’m a dork!
6. Favorite genre of movies?
Psychological Thrillers like Hannibal for instance.
7. How do you feel about wrestling?
Brooke use to watch it all the time and I even went to a WWE Match back in 2005 with her and Tommy. Honest though, I think it’s stupid!
8. Should men pluck their eyebrows?
Yes & shave too! ::shrugs:: I hate hair!
9. Do you have dimples?
Yes – I think so …
10. Do you like to camp?
Ummm … I will but is it my favorite thing to do? No! Let’s see camping outside on the cold ground with no mini fridge, microwave, or even shower or bathroom near by or in a nice five star hotel room with a warm king sized bed, bathroom and room service … hmmm … I think I’ll chose the hotel room!
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by her.
1. What is your favorite month?
May. It is the “un” official start of summer! It’s not too hot and not too cold. Usually May is perfect weather. It’s when I can start getting my summer clothes out and say goodbye to coldness. I very much dislike all things cold! Most people would assume I would say November due to my birthday, anniversary and Thanksgiving but nope – it’s May! Warm weather out beats ALL of that!
2. What is the best candy to get while trick or treating?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Yum! And I mean the huge kind of pumpkin shaped ones.
3. What kind of pen do you use?
Office Max’s Tool Pens are my favorite!
4. You go to a new Italian restaurant, what is your go-to order?
Shells & Cheese or egg plant Parmesan! My favs!
5. If you could choose to have any celebrity’s hair, who’s would you choose?
Taylor Swift! <3 her! I have always disliked curls but she makes them look awesome!
6. What’s your favorite board game?
Clue! I love the murder mystery
7. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. I can’t say I’m good at it, but Robert taught me back in the day.
8. What do you think about Old Navy commercials?
I don’t watch commercials. I really don’t. I’ll DVR live TV, wait 30 minutes and than watch it to avoid having to sit through commercials. So as for Old Navy Commercials – I have no clue what you are talking about.
9. What hurts worse- a stubbed toe or a paper cut?
I’ve never heard a stubbed toe so for that reason only I have to say paper cut.
10. What’s your favorite kind of pie?
PumpkinPie! Yum! I <3 ALL things pumpkin!
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by Amanda at Amanda Tries.
1. What is the worst compliment you have ever received?
I’m sitting here trying to think, and I cannot. The worst compliment? I am sure there are several but I can’t remember them. If someone gives me a compliment I don’t like nor agree with, I usually tend to phase it from my memory.
2. Did you/would you tell everyone the name of your baby before they were born, keep it a secret, or not choose until after they were born?
Why keep it a secret? I’d tell people! I want to name my son Edward. There I said it. I want to my daughter Jennifer. There I said that too. Lol! Granted my husband says I absoultly cannot name my son after his X. But hey he isn’t the one who has to carry the child inside him for 9 months. So I think if I want to name my child Edward (even if it was originally after his x) I should be allowed. Either way – the point though – I’d tell. I’m not good at secrets anyway.
3. What is your favorite candle smell?
Pumpkin pie! Yummy! I <3 ALL things pumpkin!
4. What is the best birthday/Christmas gift you received when you were pregnant or the best birthday/Christmas gift you gave a pregnant person that was really appreciated?
I’ve really only given stuffed animals and clothes to pregnant people during their pregnancy. :: shrugs :: That’s bad huh?
5. Who was your favorite teacher?
Ah, good times! Good times! We all know my favorite teacher was my Freshman English teacher and we shall not mention why! My 2nd favorite was my Sociology teacher Sophmore year and my third favorite was my Civics teacher my Junior year. They were all females, all hot, and all taught me very important life lessons I have carried with me to this very day! So thanks to ALL three of you! : )
6. What is the best game/activity you have ever played at a baby shower?
Um, I’ve never been to a baby shower. I might have been when I was little with my mom but I don’t remember.
7. What was your major in college and did you end up using it in your career?
My major was Administrative Justice. Am I using it? Somewhat. I work in politics so the criminal justice aspect of my degree I am not using. Unless of course something related to law enforcement or whatnot comes up. The public administrative part of my degree I use on a daily basis. So it’s about half and half.
8. What is a beauty product you swear by?
Bare minerals makeup line and Pro Active! <3 them both!
9. What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
I can’t think of one particular incidence, but I supposed just someone who opens a door for me at the grocery store or helps me reach something I can’t because I’m far too short. That’s kind and very much appreciated. It’s the little things in life ya know.
10. If you could recommend one new baby necessity, what would it be?
Oh, I don’t know. I don’t have kids and I’m not around kids much. So I really do not find myself qualified to answer this question. So I think I will just skip it for the moment.
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea! Don’t forget to link up with her!
Ten On Tuesday: My Dream Vacation
1. You’re packing for a week long vacation, do you pack ahead of time or wait until the last possible minute to pack?
I try to pack for my vacations days in advance! When we took the week long cruise in November of 2007, I started packing 1 month prior to us leaving. Over the years though, life has gotten more hectic. I find myself procrastinating more and more, and now a days I’m lucky to pack the day prior to leaving. Sometimes it’s “the day” we are supposed to leave!
2. Are you a light or heavy packer?
I am most definitely a heavy packer! If I am going away for a week, I more than likely will pack enough for a month. I mean when I go away for two days, I pack enough to spend the entire week. Like I always say, “You Never Know!”
3. What are your favorite road trip snacks?
An ice tea and a bag of gummy worms! That is ALWAYS what I need for any trip I take.
4. Do you take any reading material along?
Sometimes. Sometimes I’ll take a book to read, but mostly I just like to listen to my music or play solitaire or Angry Birds on the Ipad.
5. Do you prefer to drive or fly to your vacation destination?
Well if I’m only going to California from Arizona, I’ll drive. If it’s going cross country, I’d rather fly! Either though is honestly fine with me.
6. What is your favorite time of the year to take your vacation?
Summer time. Especially if we are going somewhere warm and there are beaches or whatnot. Summer time is usually when I take all my vacations.
7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I have to agree with Chelsea. I <3 cruises! If I could take a week long Cruise every year, I would. I don’t really care where the cruise goes. Any cruise would be fun. You get to see different sites, do amazing things, and you get waited on hand and foot on a cruise ship! Not to mention the many different types of foods you get to try and the entertainment! It’s not that expensive either. I would totally chose a cruise over any other vacation any day!
8. You are vacationing in the mountains, what is your favorite thing to do while there?
9. You are at the beach for your vacation, do you like to take it easy on the beach or play all day in the water?
I’d love to play all day in the water! : ) Let’s get a boat, do some water skiing, swimming, etc etc.
10. While your on vacation do you prefer to eat out every night or cook some of your own meals?
I’m on vacation – I’M NOT COOKING!! I <3 to eat out! Especially when I can go try different, unique foods! Yum!
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by Kristen at St. Monica’s Bridge!
All about Pasta
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
I honestly adore just plain old red sauce! I do like white sauce like Alfredo but my all time favorite is still just your typical tomato sauce. The funny thing is too – I don’t even like tomatoes!
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
I tend to eat more pasta I can twirl rather than stab, but I prefer pasta you can stab. It makes it less messy. I hate trying not to make a mess all over the place and trying to twirl the pasta onto my fork. I’d prefer to just stick with the stabbing kind. So much easier.
3. Baked or boiled?
Boiled is better but I’ll eat either way.
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
I like meat sauce. My favorite though is four cheese. Does that count as vegetarian?
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
I love Olive Garden. They have the best pasta, but if you are ever in Lake Havasu we have our own special version of “Olive Garden.”
It’s called Mario’s. It is amazing!
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
Eggplant Parmesan! I thought it sounded gross at first. My husband got it once when we went to Mario’s and he made me try it. I was hooked! I have even attempted to make it myself. It’s amazing!
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
Usually I just do a sauce but my husband made homemade meat balls once. They were awesome! Every once in a while I’ll make him make some up.
8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
Lately we have been using whole wheat. I use egg noodles sometimes to make tuna noodle casseroles.
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
I have put onions and peppers in my sauce before. Beyond that to be honest I usually just buy store bought sauce. I do like to add meat to it. I have added shrimp, ground turkey and scallops before.
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
No. I just buy a jar of sauce or gravy or whatever and make do with that. It’s usually the $1 Hunt’s Pasta Sauce I buy! : ) Maybe one day though I’ll make my own pasta sauce.
Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea and this week’s questions were provided by her.
1. How do you take your coffee?
To be perfectly honest, I don’t like coffee!! The ONLY coffee I can stand is a REALLY REALLY sugar filled Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino! I have to add like 10 packets of sugar to be able to stomach it, but once I add the sugar I have to say for something with “coffee” in it, it’s not half bad!
I don’t know why I don’t like coffee, but the taste to me is far too bitter. My dad is an avid coffee drinker and I tried it once when I was a kid, and have never liked it sense. I have even tried Starbucks Coffee (some have told me it’s sweater than normal coffee) but it’s that coffee taste that is left in your mouth after a sip of it that makes me gag every time.
2. Do you prefer soft or crispy chocolate chip cookies?
Soft! I just made chocolate chip cookies last night, and my favorite time to eat them is a couple minutes after they come out of the oven. They are so soft and warm! Yummy!
3. Do you wear a belt everyday?
No. I have never been a belt girl. I went through a phase in High School where I would where this punk belt with spikes on it, but that lasted like a week.
4. What is your favorite color combination?
Pink & Black! No reason why – I just like pink and black. I think it looks dark but with a touch of brightness.
5. Do you like sour candy?
I <3 Sour Patch Kids! I think it’s safe to say – I <3 Sour Candy! Any kind of sour candy is yummy to me!
6. How often do you do laundry?
I do laundry every weekend! So once a week. Usually on Sunday.
7. Did you ever wear braces?
Yes. I wore them from 8th grade all the way through graduating High School. I got them taken off I believe 4 months after I graduated High School. They sure helped fix my teeth. They are now nice and straight! Pain in the ass for those many years but well worth it.
8. Are you good at Roman Numerals?
I’m decent I guess, but I’m no expert. I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XII … is that right?
9. What is your favorite form of social media?
I still like Facebook over Twitter because it offers more options like photo albums, videos, etc etc. I like blogging by far the most because it’s my website, my rules, my blog! So in order – Blogging, Facebook & than Twitter!
10. How do you feel about chin dimples?
This is a very random Ten On Tuesday! Lol! Um, I like Chin Dimples. They can bring out a guy’s smile! : )
Well I have decided to give something new a try. So let’s see if I can keep up with this Ten On Tuesday Link Up. Courtesy of Roots & Rings! Provided by Christine at Being Brinkman who stole them from some traveling meme.
A. Age: 24
B. Bed Size: Queen (and a sleep number may I add which is the best bed ever!)
C. Chore that you hate: Watering the plants (I ALWAYS forget in the morning and than my husband gets mad because I forgot to water them)
D. Dogs: My parents have a dog Rivel (use to be mine until I went away to college than they adopted him) and Debbie has Lucy (who lived with us for like 6 months – so I consider her just as much ours too)
E. Essential start to your day: Mt. Dew!! : ) Or some type of caffeine
F. Favorite Color: Pink
G. Gold or Silver: Silver
H. Height: 5’1
I. Instruments you play: Umm … I played the Recorder in grade school and I have always wanted to play guitar but beyond dreaming of playing music and starting a band – I am not that talented. Lol
J. Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Web Designer
K. Kids: None yet
L. Live: I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ
M. Mother’s Name: Judy
N. Nicknames: Boshaftes, Pumpkin, Phina, and Sar
O. Overnight hospital stays: Last overnight hospital stay was when I had my knee surgery back in middle school. I don’t count the ones with Cory. It’s not ‘my’ hospital stay. Lol! Right?
P. Pet peeve: Hair! I HATE HAIR! Facial hair, body hair … HATE IT!!! Drives me INSANE!!!
Q. Quote from a movie: A quote that has always stuck with me since I saw the movie has been “never love anything kid, you just end up losing it.” It’s from Lost In Space.
R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: Adoption wise I have an older brother and sister. Biologically I have two older sisters (that I know of)
T. Time you wake up: Monday through Friday – 5am. On the weekends: whenever my ass feels like getting up. Lol!
U. Underwear: I prefer thongs or bikinis
V. Vegetable you hate: Peas.
W. What makes you run late: Traffic and road construction or getting distracted by something on the internet before I head out the door – lol
X. X-Rays you’ve had: I have had back X-Rays for my Back Surgery when I was in 5th grade and than knee X-rays on several occasions whenever my knee goes out – I refuse to have another damn knee surgery
Y. Yummy food that you make: Everyone seems to love my Mini Parmesan Bites. LoL!
Z. Zoo Animal: White Tiger