Well Happy 2012 Everyone! Today starts Day 1 of my 366 Day Project of posting at least a photo a day and a blog entry.
So here is how the first day of 2012 went for me:
I woke up around 930 and feed the pigs and dog. Then I made myself some raisin muffin in the toaster oven and sat down and finished watching this movie on Lifetime called Maneater. It was a LONG movie. Didn’t realize it was 4 hours long when I started watching it, but it was a good movie.
After that I worked on some of the AOTM website and than ran to the Dollar Store to pick up a tooth brush, carpet cleaner, and tampons. Then I went to Bashas and got milk, a cucumber for the pigs, and some sausage gravy for dinner. I made biscuits and gravy for dinner. The biscuits were made from scratch! They turned out yummy!
I helped Cory pack up the remainder of the Christmas decorations we didn’t get done yesterday. Kind of sad taking down all the decorations. It’s a sign I have to go back to work on Tuesday, but whatever. It was a nice, fun, and some what relaxing vacation. So I’m ready to go back … I think! Lol!
Then Cory and I re-organized our living room. I like it because now we can see the TV from anywhere including the kitchen. I’m typing this blog on the Ipad in the kitchen and I can see the TV perfectly! Hehe!
Anyway that is all for today!
See ya all tomorrow! Hope you all had a lovely first day of the New Year!
Well I have decided to make an official list of 12 goals that I WILL accomplish in 2012. I decided to keep it to just 12 seeing I have not had much luck in the past with New Year’s Resolutions and so forth. So here is my 12 list of Goals for 2012! Check back December 2012 to see if I did end up accomplishing them.
- Complete the 365 (366 technically cause 2012 is a leap year) photo project by posting a Photo A Day on my blog
- Finish Affair of the Mind Part 1
- Read 12 books in 2012 (I haven’t actually read a book in a while so I think 12 books in 2012 is a reasonable goal)
- Go vacation in a state I haven’t ever vacationed in before (Cory and I plan to go visit his brother’s this next year and they both live in states I haven’t visited before)
- Lose at least 5lbs (10 is actually what I would prefer to lose but I am trying to keep this reasonable) by summer
- Finally launch my web design business site & get the business fully up and running
- Create 12 of my own unique food recipes
- Enroll in some sort of continuing education by 2013, wither it be graduate school or another B.S. program
- Do a video blog at least once every 2 weeks
- Build up our savings account to at least have $1500 in it by year end
- Make a scrapbook (never made one before so why not try, right?)
- Interact more with the blogging community & attend a blogging conference at some point in 2012
It’s only 12 goals! I should be able to accomplish them!
Have a Happy New Year Everyone!
See you all in 2012!
“It’s not you or him I regret. It’s just everything in between.” – Justin Lenox, After the Affair
I feel that I have spent the past 3 years making up for something. I’ve spent so much time trying to fix the ‘wrongs’ of my life that I forgot that at the end of the day it’s not about anybody else. Only you can make yourself happy and only you can forgive yourself and move on.
I feel I have made mistakes in the past because others felt it was the “right” thing for me to do. Right or wrong – if it’s not “right” for me. It’s not right.
I guess I just woke up one day and realized that – yes I have made mistakes – but I have got to stop living my life feeling like I owe it to others to correct the mistakes of yesterday.
I think 2011 is filled with a lot of regrets. There’s a million things I wish I had done different and moving in with her in April is definitely on the top of the list. I just feel that had we not moved, we’d still be with Cory’s mom, she wouldn’t be financially strapped, we wouldn’t be, and maybe things would be ok. Cory marks moving to our new place as the wrong choice. I go back further and say moving in April was the wrong choice. I made us move because I felt I owed it to her. I owed it to her to come help her out when her old roommate left. Why? Because she had been there for me. She lied for me, covered for me, and helped me. She was the ONE person (or so I thought) that I could ALWAYS count on with NO questions asked. It turns out in the end the ONLY person u should EVER truly count on – is yourself. I felt I owed it to her. I wish I hadn’t felt that way back then.
I am hoping 2012 will be a better year. It has to be right? It has to be a better year.
I’m getting a raise in January which is a good thing. So maybe with more $$ Cory and I can take a vacation to go see his brother in the summer.
Either way – it’s almost 2012. 2011 is almost over. I wish it was over now. I’m tired of this year. I was tired of it back in March, but hey you gotta see the year through. Right?
You know I say Christmas is my favorite time of the year, and to an extent it is. But I always seem to be bitter and a little more angrier around the Holidays. Is it because it’s a years end and looking back you realize all the things you regret about the year. And then you look at the new Year as a fresh start. You make all these plans that – well – never end up actually happening.
Maybe I’m a bit bitter, but 2012 is a new year. A new year with new dreams, new hopes and new promises! Maybe by the time 2013 rolls around – I won’t be as so bitter.
So here’s to 2012 and to making it a year not filled with regrets!
I wrote the following blog post in 2009:
Have you ever wanted to just find the pause button in your life? It’s almost 2009, Christmas is over (hard to believe), and tomorrow is New Year’s Eve. Where did time go? I need like two seconds (or maybe 2 hrs) to just hit pause and reflect on everything that happened this year. I moved, went from retail to politics, Obama won the 08 election, JR was released from prison, David Cook won American Idol, Jeffery was in a car accident, I went from Robert to Charisa to single again … the list does go on. Lol! So let me just hit pause before 09 begins because it seems there is never a dull moment in the life .. or do all lives never have a dull moment? Maybe it’s just not me … ???
Either way 09 is almost here. So let’s do my New Year’s Resolutions List. Now I usually don’t do this, but 08 was a year of change and 09 is a “fresh start” (or so they say). So let’s try it this year shall we?
- I supposed my major resolution for the New Year is too keep up with the positive impact. I don’t need people in my life who are negative and who bring me down. I am open to meeting new people, but I think the line is drawn when those people make you feel bad about yourself. So here’s to those who matter and those who don’t – there’s a reason you and I didn’t work.
- Finish Part 1 of Affair of the Mind. It was supposed to be finished by now, but with my co-author getting in a car accident – it didn’t happen. So this year – NO CAR ACCIDENTS! LoL! I need to finish part 1 – there’s still 2 parts after that to write. Oya! LoL!
- Start and stick to my Special K diet. I need to lose weight damn it! My goal – go back down to like 103ish. So special K diet here I come … I start Thursday!
- Write more! I know some of you probably think I write TOO much but I use to write more like you would know what I had for breakfast write more (I had pancakes by the way today because I need to finish them so I can start my special K diet on Thursday).
- Bring my picture a day’s back and STICK to them ALL year this time. Lol!
- Be myself. I need to stop being what others either want me to be or what others expect me to be. I need to just be myself. I WANT to look myself in the mirror in December of 2009 and be like “that’s Sarah, and I love you.” I lost myself somewhere along the way the past 3 years and I HAVE to find myself again. Maybe I’m not the girl I was in 2005 when I moved to Tucson, but I don’t want to be the girl I became in Tucson. So here’s to adventure, experience, and finding myself – whoever Sarah may be. I have to be me !!
3 years later and I feel I STILL have the same New Years Resolutions as I did 3 years ago. There’s something wrong with that right?
But just do a little editing and my New Year’s Resolutions are the following:
- Take out the Sunday Trash. In other words: Kick out the negativity I DO NOT need in my life and the drama too!
- Finish AOTM
- Special K Diet
- Write More
- Do a Photo A Day again and STICK TO IT THIS TIME! (I actually did it for ALL of 2009!)
- Be myself not what others want me to be!
Sound familar huh?
Well here’s to NOT writing the SAME New Years Resolution list 3 years from now!