2008 to 2011
I wrote the following blog post in 2009:
Have you ever wanted to just find the pause button in your life? It’s almost 2009, Christmas is over (hard to believe), and tomorrow is New Year’s Eve. Where did time go? I need like two seconds (or maybe 2 hrs) to just hit pause and reflect on everything that happened this year. I moved, went from retail to politics, Obama won the 08 election, JR was released from prison, David Cook won American Idol, Jeffery was in a car accident, I went from Robert to Charisa to single again … the list does go on. Lol! So let me just hit pause before 09 begins because it seems there is never a dull moment in the life .. or do all lives never have a dull moment? Maybe it’s just not me … ???
Either way 09 is almost here. So let’s do my New Year’s Resolutions List. Now I usually don’t do this, but 08 was a year of change and 09 is a “fresh start” (or so they say). So let’s try it this year shall we?
- I supposed my major resolution for the New Year is too keep up with the positive impact. I don’t need people in my life who are negative and who bring me down. I am open to meeting new people, but I think the line is drawn when those people make you feel bad about yourself. So here’s to those who matter and those who don’t – there’s a reason you and I didn’t work.
- Finish Part 1 of Affair of the Mind. It was supposed to be finished by now, but with my co-author getting in a car accident – it didn’t happen. So this year – NO CAR ACCIDENTS! LoL! I need to finish part 1 – there’s still 2 parts after that to write. Oya! LoL!
- Start and stick to my Special K diet. I need to lose weight damn it! My goal – go back down to like 103ish. So special K diet here I come … I start Thursday!
- Write more! I know some of you probably think I write TOO much but I use to write more like you would know what I had for breakfast write more (I had pancakes by the way today because I need to finish them so I can start my special K diet on Thursday).
- Bring my picture a day’s back and STICK to them ALL year this time. Lol!
- Be myself. I need to stop being what others either want me to be or what others expect me to be. I need to just be myself. I WANT to look myself in the mirror in December of 2009 and be like “that’s Sarah, and I love you.” I lost myself somewhere along the way the past 3 years and I HAVE to find myself again. Maybe I’m not the girl I was in 2005 when I moved to Tucson, but I don’t want to be the girl I became in Tucson. So here’s to adventure, experience, and finding myself – whoever Sarah may be. I have to be me !!
3 years later and I feel I STILL have the same New Years Resolutions as I did 3 years ago. There’s something wrong with that right?
But just do a little editing and my New Year’s Resolutions are the following:
- Take out the Sunday Trash. In other words: Kick out the negativity I DO NOT need in my life and the drama too!
- Finish AOTM
- Special K Diet
- Write More
- Do a Photo A Day again and STICK TO IT THIS TIME! (I actually did it for ALL of 2009!)
- Be myself not what others want me to be!
Sound familar huh?
Well here’s to NOT writing the SAME New Years Resolution list 3 years from now!